(Photo stolen from these guys)
We got our first microwave in perhaps 1977. I recall it was a G.E.
One of the kids, who were teens at the time, suggested we ought to zap an egg in it. Not having heard anything contrary, at that time, we did. We put it in for half a minute, I think, and nothing happened.
So Peg took it out to see if it was hot ... just warm on the outside, when it sounded like someone had fired a .22 in the room. We had egg ALL OVER the kitchen walls, some on the ceiling. But most of it ended up on Peg, with a LOT of white and yolk in her hair.
We all laughed about that, but I'm sorry I didn't glop on some mayonnaise. She'd have gotten a nice natural oil treatment and the kids and I'd have had a nice sandwich spread.
Live and learn.
We stick to zapping CD's now.
* * * * *
I hate to ask about zapping CDs . . . Anyone else out there have horrible microwave experience? Enough time passed that you can laugh about it now? Leave it in the comments, or post it on your own site and leave a link for us here. Or, do as Bob did and e-mail it to me at foolery (at) clearwire (dot) com, and I'll post it on Foolery this week. Thanks again, Bob!